No Bake Brownies
Beautiful Coconut Brownies.
Back to Recipes
PRINT THIS PAGE
There were more on the plate, but this was all that
was left by the time I got the camera!
1/2 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup raw walnuts
3/4 cup pitted honey or medjool dates
1/4 cup cacao powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of sea salt
1. Put the almonds and walnuts into a food processor and grind for a couple of seconds to form a
coarse "flour" - be careful not to overpress or they will become oily.
2. While the machine is running add the dates and pulse until the mixture is combined and
3. Add the cacoa powder, vanilla extract and sea salt and pulse to combine. The mixture should
stick together when pressed between two fingers.
4. Press the brownie mixture into the bottom of a 9 x 5-inch pan and set aside.
1/2 cup coconut butter (also known as coconut oil)
1/4 cup raw agave nectar
2 Tblsp cacao powder
2 Tblsp shredded coconut, for garnish
1. In the food processor, pulse the coconut butter and agave nectar until smooth.
2. Add the cocao powder and pulse to combine.
3. Spoon the mixture onto the brownie base and smooth out with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle with
4. Cover the pan with tin foil and place in the freezer for about 30 minutes until set. Cut into
squares and serve, or store in the freezer for up to one month.
For the brownie layer - You can substitute the dates with sultanas and goji
For the top layer - If you can't get agave nectar, you can substitute the agave
and cacao powder with chocolate coconut butter.
Alternatively you can make your own syrup with raw sugar:
Put 1/2 cup raw sugar and 1/4 cup water into pot and bring to the boil
Simmer and stir continuously until sugar has dissolved.
(Technically if you use this sugar syrup the brownies no longer come under the category of "Raw Foods", however
they still are Vegan.)
These freeze well, so great to make them ahead of time as you can store them in the freezer until
ready to serve.
It is best to buy the dates fresh.
You can purchase the other ingredients by clicking below on the ones you need - we offer as many organic products
Back to Recipes